Preparing for the festival
What you need to bring
- Your tickets – either print out your ticket or bring a copy on your phone to be scanned at reception.
- Snacks – this festival is catered for 3 meals a day with organic vegetarian food with tea and coffee stations. Bring your own snacks if there is something you like to eat outside of this.
- Loose comfortable clothing – we will be dancing a lot and it’s good you have loose clothes and plenty of t-shirts if you tend to sweat a lot.
- If Camping don’t forget your tent and bedding! – all your meals are provided.
- Items of comfort – a yoga mat, cushion or pillow to sit on and a towel or sarong for massage structures as well as coconut oil.
- Please do not bring drugs or alcohol to the festival – we are creating an environment where we can dive deeply into our senses in a really delicious way – dulling them with intoxicants will not be needed and will inhibit your experience. This will actually raise much more for you. We go for natural highs and orgasmic states of being. Just by letting life touch us deeply and intimately.
- Your happy and excited heart! Your curiousity to discover so much just the way you are!
How to get there.
Awake is a 60 minute drive from Faro airport and 3 hours from Lisbon. You can travel from Lisbon (or anywhere else in Portugal) to the Algarve by train (www.cp.pt), bus (http://www.rede-expressos.pt) or a small airplane (www.aerovip.pt).
There is a bus stop right outside our door (Bus 21*) and a train station only 10 mins away (Mexilhoeira Grande**), from where you can arrive to Awake via the bus 21 or a taxi.
* Bus 21 – leaves from Portimão, Largo do Dique. Consult schedules in http://vaivem.pt. To arrive to Awake, get off at TERRA VELHA (or alternatively, at 1km distance MONTES DE CIMA or MOINHO DA ROCHA).
**Coming from Lisbon, you must switch trains in Tunes. Take the train in direction Lagos and get off at Mexilhoeira Grande. If you come from Faro via train, get off at Mexilhoeira Grande.
Ready to Book?
Click here to dive in and join us at the festival
Need more information?
All the practical information you need.